Really wanted this to be day 1, but I still have DOMS from my crazy workout on saturday and there’s no point doing the first exercise when I won’t be able to give it my all. Instead, I did some of Alwyn’s 2:1 HIIT on the stationary bike. Also starting their diet today, though because they have basically no veg options it’s more starting it in spirit than starting it proper. Any other vegetarians do this program and want to share some of their meal tips???
NROLFW Day 0
Peanut Butter and Jam Oat Bars (via OhSheGlows)
- 2.5 cups regular rolled oats (not instant oats), divided
- 3 tbsp chia seed
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or other milk)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1 banana, chopped small
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Dry sweetener, to taste if you want them a bit sweeter
- 16 ounces firm tofu
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 nub sliced ginger,
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 9 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Season the tofu with salt and pepper.
- Pour the oil over the tofu and gently toss them with oil to coat.
- It’s probably best to do this with your fingertips, taking care to not crumble the tofu.
- You want solid cubes.
- Tumble the seasoned tofu onto the baking sheet.
- Slide it into the oven and roast the tofu for 15 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and flip over all the tofu cubes. Slide the baking sheet into the oven again and roast until the tofu cubes are puffed up and browned, about another 15 minutes.